Brain Fog Treatment and Craniosacral Therapy in New York City
Do you ever feel disoriented and or unable to organize your thoughts or focus on one task long enough to complete it? Are you forgetting things and unable to recall short term memory? That’s generally what is referred to as “brain fog” a non medical term characterizing what most of us at some point or another will experience.
It’s important to be mindful that brain fog isn’t itself a medical term. Instead, it’s important to think of brain fog as what it actually is: A cognitive compromise that is a symptom of stress, anxiety and or lack of function and fluid flow (Cerbro-Spinal fluid produced in the brain) within the craniosacral mechanism; or some other medical condition.
If you can’t focus on your work—or anything else, if the inside of your head feels heavy, if there are tender / sore points in your face or head, then it could be brain fog. If you are experiencing lack of clarity, memory loss as your symptoms, if you’re unable to remember important passwords, having recall difficulty repeatedly, you would be categorized as having brain fog. If you’re also finding that you can’t concentrate on the tasks in front of you, or that you’re having prolonged memory issues in general, these are both classic signs that you’re experiencing brain fog. If you’re feeling slow or sluggish and are noticing basic everyday tasks are taking you longer to complete, or that your grades or work performance are slipping, this may also be indicative of brain fog. An indication of a compromised craniosacral system.
While surmising the causes of brain fog can be easy, it is commonly the end result of causes beyond your conscious control. Wherein you can determine your personal chief causes, the degree or measure to which each cause contributes to your brain fog is a far more challenging. This is where craniosacral therapy, a holistic treatment that supports the wellness of the body as a whole can offer great benefits and complete reversal, back to a normal healthy cognizant state. Here are the most commonplace health conditions supporting brain fog.
- Stress: When you’re stressed out, your blood pressure may raise, your immune system, your energetic system (Chakras, Meridian Points, Biofield) may be compromised and you may experience what’s called “mental fatigue,” which can create brain fog. This can individually contribute to a condition of brain fogginess.
- Lack of Sleep: You’d be surprised at just how valuable a good night’s sleep is to the human body. In order to keep your body—and brain—functioning optimally, it’s recommended that you get at least eight hours of sleep per night. If you’re burnin’ the wick at both ends too often for too long, you may experience brain fog, and find it difficult to concentrate, focus and get stuff done.
- Medications: It’s important that when introducing new medications to your body, you’re aware of any and every side effect you may encounter. If after you start taking a new medication you start experiencing any of the symptoms of brain fog, it’s best to consult with your doctor to see about either lowering your dosage or trying another medication.
- Diet: The food you put into your body has a lot to do with how you feel. If you’ve taken an elementary level health class, you already knew that. What you may not have known is that the foods you eat also affect your propensity for brain fog. For instance, a vitamin B12 deficiency has been linked to depression, anxiety and several of the other symptoms heavily associated with brain fog.
- Preexisting Medical Conditions: Remember: Brain fog is a cognitive dysfunction, and while it also has its own varied list of symptoms, it is also itself a symptom of some potentially large medical conditions. Some of those medical conditions include: Alzheimer’s Disease, Multiple sclerosis, dehydration, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, anemia, lupus and even arthritis.
Craniosacral Therapy can be effective in treating Brain Fog in several ways.
- Increase Flow of Cerebrospinal Fluid: Craniosacral therapy (CST) increases the movement of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). CSF surrounds the spine and brain supporting mechanical and immunological security inside of our skull. This regulates blood flow, removes pollutants and allows balanced circulation. Less CSF is produced as we grow older, putting us at a heightened risk for a myriad of aging and health complications. Crainosacral Therapy combats these challenges by flushing out toxins and improving brain function.
- Lower Sympathetic Tone: Anxiety and stress affect our body’s capacity to function correctly. Toxin build up are just a couple of side effects that can come from this. Crainosacral Therapy aids in lowering our sympathetic tone which in turn helps the body to get a full night’s sleep and remove un-useful waste from the brain.
- Reduce Inflammation of the Body and Brain: Because inflammation of the brain contributes to Alzheimer’s and Dementia, Crainosacral Therapy is an effective solution to transmute these issues. Poor eating habits, stress and other life factors can produce inflammation that can make its way into faculties of the brain. Crainosacral Therapy can support the immune system by fortifying its defense systems and ultimately reducing inflammation.
- Improvement of Brain Function: Crainosacral Therapy facilities the overall movement of Cerbro-Spinal fluid required for peak brain performance. Our cerebro-spinal fluid flow is a vital component that support our brain’s ability to perform at its optimal capacity. When this function unbeknown to us is compromised, the brain receives a lesser amount of energy, oxygen and fluid causing it to underperform affecting function. Therefore, Crainosacral Therapy is a viable solution for boosting movement of fluid, enhancing brain function and eradicating Brain Fog.
About Dr. Kaminsky & Craniosacral Therapy
Having a Chiropractic background since the year 2000, Dr. Kaminsky offers many methods of treatment with an emphasis on Craniosacral Therapy and Pranic Healing in NYC.
Craniosacral Therapy (CST) is a method focusing on the link between the cranium (head) and sacrum (the second to last bone at the base of your spine), scientifically proven to work in unison to pump fluid throughout the body, an unknown disruption of which can cause many health issues. The craniosacral mechanism pumps vital fluid called cerebro-spinal fluid (CSF) through the body and in a sense energetically lubricates the joints, tissues, organs; basically all cells of the body. It is the driving force of all your body’s systems of function; including maintaining the tone of your muscles.
The Central Nervous System (brain and spinal cord) are surrounded with CSF generating energetic rhythmic impulses of fluid delicately pumping throughout your body’s parts “breathing” the movement of life. This measurable rhythm of moving fluid, like the heart rhythm, pulse rhythm, breathing rhythm is the foundational “blueprint” and primary principle of our real-time state of our health.
Compromises of our rhythmic movements of fluid flow correlates to the impulse restrictions in the system which the body is unable to overcome or self-correct. This is the reason why we have “dis-ease”, symptoms, conditions, basically all ailments. This is where the skill of an experienced craniosacral therapist becomes valuable. By placing his or her hands on your body the practitioner can feel, detect, evaluate, and facilitate correction of these restrictive arrhythmic impulses.
The craniosacral therapist helps your rhythm restore and renew in compromised areas allowing for healing to take place of sensory, motor, musculoskeletal, neurological disorders, symptoms, conditions and pain. To learn more, visit the other pages on this website. Call to schedule your healing treatment with Dr. Kaminsky.